Friday, March 30, 2012

HIlton Head vacation

My husband, 3 kids and I are going to be on the East Coast in August for some family parties. We%26#39;ve decided to get away from it all for a week in Hilton Head since my husband loves to golf. I%26#39;m looking for a resort for us. I don%26#39;t want to cook. My kids want great pools and a great beach. My husband wants great golf nearby. I%26#39;d like them all to be happy so I can read my book. Any suggestions?



HIlton Head vacation


Your Best bet is Palmetto Dunes, which is the most ocean oriented resort. You can rent a house or a 3 bedroom villa on the ocean there.





You will be able to walk to two courses, and tennis. Many rentals have free tennis attached.





Another possibility is SeaPines Plantation. It%26#39;s the largest resort on the island, and has three golf courses, including Harbourtown which is where the Verizon Heritage is played. This year April 10-16. Again there are plenty of rental villas and houses available. However not many available oceanfront.





There are over 200 restaurants here, so you will never have to cook, if you don%26#39;t want to.





Check vrbo.com or cyberrentals.com for owner rentals at these resorts.





If you are coming after Aug 15th, you will get a better rate, since summer rental weeks are less in demand, though the weather is great.





Stan (hhiguy)



HIlton Head vacation


We stayed at Palmetto last yr, and will return. Good location, great tennis, nice beach and although i do not golf, it appeared to have nice course. There is also canoeing, and lots of bike trails. As mentioned in earlier post I also rent from vrbo.com to save money




I would defenetly reccomend The Grande Ocean. You get a free pass to sea pines so each time you want to go to a ';good'; golfing course You won%26#39;t have to pay an extra five dollars.





It%26#39;s also convienent for the kids. I have gone there for years and It%26#39;s been fun for the kids and everything. The beach is nice there unlike some of the others we%26#39;ve seen on the island. The pools are SPECTACULAR. They%26#39;ve got like six pools so it%26#39;s convienyent for everyone.





If you really want to have fun. get a flashlight and go out to the courtyard and go frog hunting. It%26#39;s always been fun for everyone but me, because I hate frogs





Good Luck!!!




Hi,





We have been to Hilton Head Island a few times and our favorite place is Sea Pines Plantation. It is gated and feels very secure and private. When you enter the plantation, you will be amazed at all the unspoiled beauty. There are streets lined with oak trees and beautiful gardens and lagoons. They have stables, tennis, swimming pools, golf, bike trails, playground and much more. We enjoyed walking around Harbour Town Marina. It has good places to eat, nice shops and live entertainment. They even have rocking chairs sitting around the marina for you to use to enjoy watching it all. There is also a playground for the kids. I think there are children%26#39;s activites during the summer. I am going to look into them for my daughter. My daughter also enjoyed the lighthouse and ice cream shopat Harbour Town. We can%26#39;t wait to go back and rent some bikes to ride around the beautiful plantation and to the beaches. There are also shuttle stops that pick you up and take you to different locations in the plantaion. The beach area is also very nice. It was too cold for us to enjoy that yesterday, but there was plenty of other things to do. Can%26#39;t wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment