Friday, March 30, 2012

Is Charleston Dog friendly?

I am goign to be visiting Charleston the first weekend in October. Is the touristy area dog friendly? I would really like to be able to bring my two cavalier king charles spaniels, but I won%26#39;t if the gernal area isn%26#39;t to open to it.



Thanks





Is Charleston Dog friendly?


I dont think dogs in downtown tourist areas is a good idea. Some people are afraid of dogs and some just dont care for them. People love their pets but should also think of others who are also there to enjoy themselves. I would never bring our pet on vacation. Taking them out of their common invironment is stressful on them.



Is Charleston Dog friendly?


Charleston Magazine did a big spread last year on places to go with your four legged friends. It listed many restaurants which allow pets. I googled ';dog friendly charleston'; . While most sites listed accommodations, there were a few websites with listings of restaurants.





Hopefully some of the ';on the street'; locals will chime in. I%26#39;ve always had the feeling that Charleston loves her four legged friends.





BTW, the state dog of SC is the Boykin Spaniel.




Many of the hotels welcome dogs and we have some dog parks around town but I do not know of any of the galleries, museums or plantations that accommodate dogs. The beaches allow dogs on leashes and most have dog-litter bags available. The only dogs downtown are usually residents. There is a pretty strict leash law for obvious reasons.





There are some doggie daycares and some doggie spas in the area. Bring your current vaccination and health record.

No comments:

Post a Comment