Friday, March 30, 2012

Non-Seafood eater looking for Restaurant suggestions

Hi, I will be traveling to Hilton Head for a wedding soon and spending a week there with my fiance and friends. I have never been and am looking for restaurant suggestions/recommendations, however I do not eat seafood. Mexican cuisine is my favorite, I also like Italian, Thai and pub food. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Non-Seafood eater looking for Restaurant suggestions

I highly recommend Michael Anthony%26#39;s cucina for Italian. Hinchey%26#39;s has good pub food and Santa fe has an interesting menu- predominately Mexican- awesome atmosphere!

Non-Seafood eater looking for Restaurant suggestions

There is a pub in the Coligny Plaza called something like The Earle of Sandwich. We stopped there for lunch and had some tremendous burgers and liked the atmosphere so much that we stopped back later for a drink and had a great conversation with some locals. Also across the road from the plaza (and up a bit) in front of the Bi-Lo there is a place called Wild Wings and they have some great wing flavors. Have fun! Hilton Head is my paradise!


i second Michael Anthony cucina, in many ways the best restaurant in Hilton Head. If you like pizza try Il Carpaccio in Pineland Mall. they make it the Tuscan Way. Much more traditional than the usual US Styles.

Two Thai restaurants are in the Plantation Center. Thai Ruan and taste of Thai.

As for Mexican, the locals prefer Mi Terria located at the back of Fairfield Square. Also Fiesta fresh located in the Fountain Center and Port Royal Plaza.

for Pub food, besides Hincheys try Reilleys near Sea Pines entrance and Port Royal Plaza. or Jump and Phils which is next to Reilleys near SeaPines.

Stan (hhiguy)


For Mexican my husband looooves Mi Terria, I actually have never been. Santa Fe cafe is excellent to some...only decent to me..I live in Chicago and visit Mexico often, I know excellent Mexican food... Santa Fe kind of lacks in overall flavor, kick, spice, what have you. But it%26#39;s pretty and service is good. Overpriced in my opinion. But really, some love it... so it%26#39;s a matter of taste...

For pub food we like British Open Pub, a lot. It%26#39;s our old don%26#39;t want to think about where we%26#39;re eating, lets just go somewhere place. Great sandwiches, like their fish and chips. Good appetizers...Village at Wexford. Husband likes Reilly%26#39;s, but we prefer British Open Pub.

For lunch we loved Scratch Kitchen, sadly, it has closed and Plantation Cafe is to open in their place...I%26#39;m looking forward to trying it. We also like Capt. Woody%26#39;s and The Black Marlin Bayside Grill, formerly Hemingways... Black Marlin does brunch on the weekends. I loooove fried oysters, Black Marlin seems to have my favorites. ;-)

For really great, on the pricier side meals, we loooove CQ%26#39;s and Catch 22. I recently had one of the best meals of my life at Catch 22, their scallops dish, whoa, it was fabbbbulous! Redfish is good, yeah, but I don%26#39;t know...it%26#39;s like any good, trendy vibe seafood place. Bonefish Grill, it%26#39;s a chain, but we%26#39;ve been there a handful of times and enjoyed ourselves.

For breakfast we love Palmetto Cafe, they%26#39;re hashbrowns are frickin%26#39; incredible.


oh yeah...derr...non-seafood eater...all the places I listed have fabulous non-seafood offerings. Most of the restaurants in HHI island do...that%26#39;s what I meant ot start my reply with...lol, woops, sooorrry!!


Thank you all for the many suggestions! I think we have a good list of restaurants to choose from, too bad we won%26#39;t have time to try them all!


Have a look at www.hhidining.com. This is the local restaurant guide that you can pick up when you arrive but in the meantime you can look online. It lists at lot of the restaurants and also has the menus. I too don%26#39;t eat seaford but most of the seafood restaurants have a couple of meat dishes on the menu.

  • web development
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment