Friday, March 30, 2012

Where would you go for your anniversary dinner?

My hubby and I will be camping at Hunting Island 2 weeks from now, and since this is our anniversary trip, we%26#39;d like to celebrate by going out one night for a nice dinner. When I say ';nice';, I don%26#39;t necessarily mean gourmet or the fanciest place in Beaufort, although if the food and atmosphere are truly memorable then the cost doesn%26#39;t matter.





I%26#39;m thinking along the lines of a restaurant that would not require anything dressier than a sundress for me and polo shirt for him, and with a pleasant dining area, whether it has great views or is just pretty inside. We also aren%26#39;t picky eaters, so steaks, seafood, Italian, whatever would be great.





Thanks!



Where would you go for your anniversary dinner?


steamers is great.



Where would you go for your anniversary dinner?


We just returned from a week at Edisto and came into Beaufort one day. We had dinner at the Dockside Restaurant in Port Royal. The food was great and there is also a very nice view. It is not a formal place but a very popular one.



Our niece lives there and I%26#39;ll see if she can suggest other places.



Our relatives choose this place often. The she crab soup was very good. I had excellent fried seafood although there are many other choices.




11th St Dockside is locally popular and reliable. It sits literally at the docks where the fishing boats come in. As the previous post said, not intimate but good food.





Also, Barbara Jean%26#39;s on Lady%26#39;s Island has good food, especially the crab cakes. Locally popular as well.





The best place for what you%26#39;re looking for, alas, no longer exists. The Beaufort Inn has made their dining room into a reception area for the Inn.




Thanks so much. I really appreciate your suggestions... I%26#39;m taking notes!


  • wrinkles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment