Friday, April 13, 2012

From Delaware?

Hi we will leaving from DE on Tuesday morning. Does anyone have experience taking 13 to 164 to 17? I%26#39;m looking for something other than the interstate, and want to aviod Balt.,D.C., and Richmond.



From Delaware?


Hey there detin8.....



I have done that trip a few times. I take the Cape May Lewes ferry from NJ to Delaware, and then head south down the Delmarva peninsula. We take the Bay Bridge/Tunnel and skirt Virginia Beach and head south on 17 to Myrtle. We made the trip from Myrtle to the Lewes terminal in 10 hours last year.





You might hit some traffic around Virginia Beach/Norfolk area, but the rest of the trip should be OK.



From Delaware?


Thanks for the quick response gorski. Can you reccomend any places for a pit stop south of Virginia Beach? We stopped at Stingray%26#39;s on the way to Nags Head last year, it was a unique experience.




I really can%26#39;t recommend anything other than stopping in Virginia Beach itself, which is a little out of the way. Once you get past Va Beach and out of the metro area its pretty much nothing for long stretches.





We are usually in a hurry when heading both directions and don%26#39;t really take time except for some ';road food';.....




I understand, I%26#39;m usually in a hurry too. Another reason I%26#39;m going this route is so I%26#39;m not in Virginia as long, I can plug the radar detector back in sooner.





Unrelated, but are there any beaches in the area that you can drive on? It may make the difference in which car we drive.




I%26#39;m not aware of any....





MB Concierge should be able to confirm that...




We are in lower Delaware...we will only go 17 I HATE 95. 17 is really much more pleasant. Stingrays is a must stop for us. That bacon at breakfast....WOOHEE.



This year just for giggles...we are going to go down the outer banks %26amp; take the ferries over. we will hit Atlantic beach for the night then hit MB the next morning. As far as pit stops, ya gotta get off the beaten path %26amp; hit those small towns. Hacve fun

No comments:

Post a Comment