Friday, April 27, 2012

I-95 north to NMB

You all did such a great job getting me back on the road when we leave, I thought it would be more important to make sure I%26#39;ve got the right route to get there!





Coming in from the north on 95 mid-day, mid-week - mapquest says to





Merge onto I-40 E via EXIT 81B toward WILMINGTON / CLINTON.



Take the US-17 exit- EXIT 416 A-B- toward TOPSAIL ISLAND / NEW BERN / MYRTLE BEACH.



Merge onto I-140 W / US-17 S via EXIT 416A toward SHALLOTTE / MYRTLE BEACH.



Merge onto US-17 S toward MYRTLE BEACH / CAROLINA BEACH.



Merge onto US-17 S toward SHALLOTTE / MYRTLE BEACH (Crossing into SOUTH CAROLINA).



(wave to Hart1 in Little River)



Turn LEFT onto 15TH AVE S.



Turn RIGHT onto OCEAN BLVD S / SC-65 / S OCEAN BLVD.





Is this route better than coming further down 95 to 501 to 22?





Thanks, You all are the best when it comes to making plans.



I-95 north to NMB


You are going to Ocean Blvd South-correct? The Hwy 17 into Little River is okay, not horrible way to come, Iit is 4 lane hwy, but once in Little River, take Hwy 9/31 exit go about 2 miles to Hwy 31 (begins here) take 31 for about 15 miles to Grissom Parkway exit, stay on Grissom Parkway you will be at 48th Ave North follow Grissom 10th Ave N turn left go about mile to Ocean Blvd turn right.



If you stay on Hwy 17 all the way thru NMB to MB, it will take you a very long time to get to OBS, We always take Hwy 31 into MB.



You could take Hwy 31 to Hwy 501 or Hwy 544 but it will dump you on West side of Intracoastal and lots of traffic.



I-95 north to NMB


Thanks Hart - knew I could count on you for the quickest route!




Hart - just checked the map...we%26#39;re staying near crescent beach in NMB-- doesn%26#39;t look like we%26#39;re on 17 very long after we get thru your town.





as I look at my map closer...





why is south ocean blvd in north myrtle beach and north ocean blvd in Myrtle beach???




Sorry -there are 2 Ocean Blvd Souths and Norths, Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach. I know you posted in NMB and I should have noticed that.



When you go thru Little River, you will follow the signs south on Hwy 17, when you cross over the Intracoastal Waterway the first exit ramp you come to is Cherry Grove, if you want you can take that exit you will turn left at stop light and that will take you straight to Ocean Blvd, you can then travel down Ocean Blvd to Crescent Beach. Its not any faster but on a Saturday not any slower then driving down Hwy 17.




I am not sure what the ';founding fathers'; were smoking when they decided to have the exact same road naming system for MB and for NMB. You have Ocean Blvds south and north, and you have the numbered streets south and north in both locations. It can be very confusing to people. AND to add more confusion there is an area in NMB where Ocean Blvd changes to Ocean Drive and then back again to Ocean Blvd.




Sorry Hart1.5 pointed out that I should have said turn RIGHT off the Cherry Grove exit ramp




Thanks for the tag-teaming Hart 1 %26amp; 1.5




Someone has to keep me straight, I have been in a fog today, couldn%26#39;t even answer my phone correctly at work! TOO much night life and not enough rest! :o) Traffic did seem a tad better this past weekend compared to others, July is the worst, so you should not have as many issues as the July travelers.




Hart wrote ';It can be very confusing to people. AND to add more confusion there is an area in NMB where Ocean Blvd changes to Ocean Drive and then back again to Ocean Blvd.';





I%26#39;m confused.......



Hart......Please tell us where Ocean Blvd changes to Ocean Drive and back again...........




NO it doesn%26#39;t change POP, THAT WAS MY MISTAKE, I have been in NMB over a year so I am still learning, I never vacationed up here, we were South people, so yes I do make mistakes, but I do know the drivng directions. I am myself confused why they call that area Ocean Drive and you have OD Resort and OD Arcade,etc, yet it is Ocean Blvd. I am happy to admit when I make a mistake and I am still learning North MB, prior to moving here, I had no use for this area at all. But that was my mistake again, I actually like living here very well. I still think that the south beaches like Surfside/Garden City are more to my liking, AND I know you think NMB is the bomb, cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment