Thursday, April 26, 2012

best hotel near the strip

We%26#39;re looking at heading down to MB near the end of August. We have always wanted to stay within walking distance of the arcades, Ripley%26#39;s, haunted attractions, etc...





What is a decent hotel or condo for kids near that part of town?





Thanks!





Dave



best hotel near the strip


Decent is subjective! When you say ';kids'; what ages are you talking about. Based on you wanting to stay close to the arcades i am assuming you are the ';kids';? Most adults with children would not want to stay in that area, the beach is not great at all IMO. If you mean adults w/ kids, try Dayton House, locally owned, clean. If you mean you are the kids, most lodging does not rent under to those 25. You can find some that will, but usually a security deposit involved. So I guess we need you to first clarify what you mean by kids.



best hotel near the strip


Myself, wife and our 5 year old that loves arcades and all the cheesy tourist stuff. If the beach isnt that great in that area then maybe we%26#39;ll choose to stay away from tehre and drive in when we feel like it.




Hart,





What%26#39;s up with the beach in that area? Recently stayed a few doors down from Dayton House and really liked the beach. I%26#39;m wanting to come back down in Sept. and planned on staying in the same area.




Dave,



I would look at the area around 21st Ave N and Ocean Blvd. You wont be far from all of the downtown attractions, either a short walk or jump on the bus that runs the full length of the Blvd. Most of the things you speak of are in the vicinity of 8th Ave N to 12th Ave N so not a bad walk at all.



Maybe look at Breakers (Paradise Towers) the Camelot, or Dayton House. All are located in a decent area within walking distance to a number of goo places to eat too.





:)




I just mean that MY tastes are such that I like a little breathing room and little bit more space between resorts and the area closest to old Pavillion and what everyone calls ';strip'; is way TOO CROWDED for my liking. There are beautiful resorts up and down the Grand Strand that have more room between the resorts which gives you little bit more beach room. IF you love staying at the Dayton House and that area please do. If I am going to a resort area I need a little more space then what I see downtown. I understand about wanting to be close to the arcades etc., but the arcade and strip area for me is a little too crowded during the day and in the evening the clientel is not necessarily to my liking, nor the noise. NOW thats IMY OPINION, I know people here will have a hissy. Before moving here I had 2 occasions in my 30 years of coming to MB to stay in that area and that was enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment