Friday, April 27, 2012

Trip Report - Attractions 7/28 - 8/4

Trip Report 鈥?Attractions 7/28 鈥?8/4





We came, we saw and we did! They are all expensive but that was expected.





Broadway at the Beach 鈥?lots of fun looking at the shops, enjoyed the Imax 3D (Sharks) but wish the volume was a bit lower. Also saw a movie at the cinema and they have such comfy seats. Road one of the old Pavilion rides 鈥?way too overpriced. Only bad point is that we attempted to go to the Tuesday fireworks. Major mistake, no parking at all, people were even parking in the grass and up on the curbs. We left.





The Strip 鈥?went down around 4:30 and paid to park. All the stores carry the same stuff, lots of drug use items and the sayings on the shirts are getting more disgusting than I remember. There are some really creepy people hanging around, some working in the shops and others just hanging out. No way would I go out down there after dark, absolutely no way. We actually went back a second time but made sure it was early in the day again. I will say the Old Tyme Portraits place has is air conditioned was very nice and clean and my daughter loved getting her picture done.





Ripley鈥檚 Movie Motion Thing 鈥?Girls loved it and did it twice. I think it鈥檚 over priced but they were willing to pay for the second time with their own money so it must have rated very highly for them.





Ripley鈥檚 Haunted House 鈥?Loved it! We did this one morning and the girls were scared out of their minds but loved it and we almost did it a second time. I just watched from the street and got to see them being chased by the chainsaw dude. They rated this as their very favorite thing we did.





Medieval Times 鈥?Fun show, the gorgeous Blue Knight threw a flower to my daughter. They got a hug from him after the show as well. Food was good but way more than we could eat.





Coastal Grand Mall 鈥?Huge, did a little back to school shopping.





Dixie Stampede 鈥?Loved the new opening act, he was terrific. Great show, delicious food but again was way too much to eat.





Barefoot Landing 鈥?Girls want a henna tattoo and we get one at Musical Genius because it looks clean and safe. I would not let them get one down on the strip earlier. Walk around a bit. I love Black Market Minerals. Girls did the Mirrormaze and have fun with it but I thought it was a huge waste of money.





Family Kingdom 鈥?We went early while it was still really hot but the lines were short. Girls did the rollercoaster over and over and the sling shot thing too. Spent about 3 hours there and had a good time, just expensive. Did not play games nor buy food there.



Trip Report - Attractions 7/28 - 8/4


Which did you prefer- Dixie Stampede or Medieval Times? We are coming down in 2 weeks and would like to do one of those. Our kids are 11 and 6 and the little one LOVES horses.





Can you give me any suggestions on the pros and cons of each.





THANKS!!!!



Trip Report - Attractions 7/28 - 8/4


I liked them both but honestly I loved Dixie Stampede th most. It has a wonderful Carriage Room opening act. I consider him to be one of the best parts of my vacation. The food is excellent at both but I love the Dixie Stampede soup. Dixie Stampede is brighter and you just get a more happy feeling, lots of comedy and some audience involvement too.





Medieval Times is also good but a much more dark atmosphere and lots of knights in battle. Though I will say they were some good looking knights! Older kids, especially boys, would prefer this one. You do get to meet the knights after the show which was nice. \





I don%26#39;t think you could go wrong with either one but I prefer Dixie Stampede.




Thank you for the input! I was leaning towards Dixie, and now I think that will be the place we%26#39;ll try. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment