Thursday, April 26, 2012

More Questions....sigh...

Ok this is my question to all my fellow helpers out there in TA land...I%26#39;m coming into the area Nov30-Dec 2 for a long weekend to show my sweety the town. (Ive been there 2 times) Since I wanted to celebrate the holidays, I seen the Holiday Festival of Lights on James Island...Is this worth the trip to see? I also wanted to see the Angel Oak on Johns Island. Is there a easy route that can take you to both Islands? And is there any other sites to see on these islands or restaurants that are good? I know its alot...Thanks ahead of time...Wen



More Questions....sigh...


I can%26#39;t help with the route but do see the Angel oak tree. It%26#39;s incredible. My 17 y/o granddaughter was even impressed. The area closes early, I want to say 3pm, so plan accordingly. Worth the trip, take your camera...............Have a fun time............Donna Doodles



More Questions....sigh...


I personally enjoy the festival of lights...I have been 7 out of the 8 years I have lived here. Angel Oak and the Festival of Lights are somewhat in the same direction. You can hit both of them off of Maybank Highway, but they aren%26#39;t extremely close in proximity. Really good restaurant on James Island called Mustard Seed.





Enjoy your trip!




On the Maybank Highway, which runs from Charleston, through James and John Island, to Wadmalaw Island, there are three restaurants that might interest you:





';The Mustard Seed'; (1978 Maybank Hwy. Charleston, SC 29412, on James Island, lunch and dinner) for excellent seafood specials, reasonably priced and in a casual atmosphere.





';The Fat Hen'; (843-559-9090 鈥?3140 Maybank Highway 鈥?Johns Island, SC 29455 鈥? Dinner - 5:30pm 鈥?10:00pm) for a full menu prepared by one of Charleston%26#39;s notable chefs. (This place opened recently. I have not been there, but people on Kiawah are raving about it.)





';JB%26#39;s Smokeshack'; (3406 Maybank Hwy Johns Island, SC 29455 (843) 557-0426 Wed thru Sat 11am - 8:30pm) for cheap, casual barbecue buffet.




Thanks all for the info!!

No comments:

Post a Comment