Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bay View Resort

I just got a brochure for the Bay View Resort. Is this where the old (very old) Bay Shore Inn was? Just to the north of the Gay Dolphin?5th Ave. North.



Looks nice, but expensive. 2 br oceanfront for last week of August is $1,953.



Bay View Resort


Beachie.. I think we should rent a duplex.. side by side...





dont ya think???





;))))



Bay View Resort


WooHoo !!



:))




Yea.. the men can golf.. and we can shop!!!



plus the husband is a great cook!!








If you are at all familiar with the area around the pavillion this resort is just slightly south by couple of blocks. Its one of those resorts that people have very mixed reviews. I would absolutely NOT spend that much money for the hotel based on location. Everything around it is old, torn down, closed down being ready to be torn down, or very run down but still operating. The area is really trying to revitalize but IMO its not there yet and the parking garage is one block over on next street, not across the street but over 1 block, meaning you walk past an old hotel and its behind it. NOT my idea of a $2000 week resort, not even close to it.




hart, yes, I am a little familiar with that area (although I wasn%26#39;t sure of the exact location of this hotel...thought it was to the north of the Gay Dolphin)



I was surprised at the prices. And no way would I stay in that area.



I much prefer the north end of MB.





Do you remember the old Bay Shore Motel, by any chance. We used to stay there in the 60%26#39;s. Don%26#39;t know why, but my Dad loved that place...knew the owners kind of, somehow. But it was nice to



walk to the pavillion and hang out. A few years ago, when my husband and kids were there, we walked up to the Bay Shore, it was roped off, like they were going to tear it down. I walked around



back and picked up some ';souviner'; pieces of blue wood from the building. And we took a picture of the front. Awwww.....the memories. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment