Thursday, April 26, 2012

Charleston via AmTrac



My wife and I are planning a trip to CHS in late Nov. I am an AmTrac lover. My question is transportation from the station once we arrive. What are my options around 7:00 PM?



Charleston via AmTrac


My daughter has taken Amtrak from Charleston to New York on several occasions (but never the return). The trip is enjoyable. You would be well advised to spend the relatively small extra $$$ for ';business class';.





The station is attended and brightly lit. According to compassguides.com (see quote below) there should be cabs at the station. If there is not cab in sight, you will be able to phone one. I do not know of any convenient public transportation from the station.





';Amtrak has service from such major cities as New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Richmond, Savannah, and Miami. The Amtrak station is somewhat isolated, but a visible police presence means there are few reports of crime in the area. Taxis meet every train; a ride to downtown averages between $20 and $25.';



Charleston via AmTrac


I would suggest that you make advance arrangements with Charleston Black Cab. They operate the London Black Cabs and are quite nice. A little bit pricier than a regular cab, but it could give you some piece of mind knowing that they will be there waiting for you, especitally if it%26#39;s unpleasant weather...





You can check out their rates and available service on their website below. Enjoy your trip!!





http://www.charlestonblackcabcompany.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment