Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dicks Last Resort Restaurant

Does anyone have some input on Dick%26#39;s Last Resort? We are coming down to MB next week and looking for some good places to eat. After doing some research, I came across some reviews for Dick%26#39;s and it seems they have a unique type of restaurant, for example- the servers play jokes, and you have to have a great sense of humor? Some people have said it%26#39;s a great, funny place, but others have been very offended.





Would this place be appropriate for us if we are bringing two kids, ages 11 and 6? We are very open minded, but not sure if it%26#39;s a good place for kids.





Thanks, I look forward to any and all suggestions.



Dicks Last Resort Restaurant


You%26#39;ve already said it all. You have to be open minded about it. Be able to take a joke.



Some of the humor can be a little ';adult';. What I have seen has been so above a child%26#39;s head they don%26#39;t understand what%26#39;s so funny. The 11 year-old.....maybe.....But has probably heard worse in school.



Tables are very long. Maybe twenty to thirty to a table. When seating they put you and other parties at table all at once. You%26#39;ll have total strangers to your left and right. Guy at end of table will get your meal. His will be at far end. By the end of the meal you%26#39;ll all be laughng and talking with one and other.



To be on safe side make it a late lunch or early dinner. Not as crowded. Humor is a bit more tame.



Dicks Last Resort Restaurant


Be aware that unless things have changed there is smoking in all of Dicks.




Here is their website:





myrtlebeach.dickslastresort.com/index.php





click on ';The Basics';....that explains D!cks resturant.





But you seem to know what it is all about. If your kids are shy, they may not enjoy it..(or you or your husband for that matter).



My kids love it.





Oh, and the foods not bad either.




We haven%26#39;t done Dick%26#39;s since the kids were young They are in their early to mid 20s now. It all depends on whether you want to play along or not. IF not, tell them it%26#39;s your first time there. If you do want to play along say you%26#39;ve been to other Dick%26#39;s locations. For example, you waiter might tell you to put all your dirty dishes at the end of the table so he doesn%26#39;t have to work leaning over to get them. You reply that%26#39;s what he%26#39;s there for and you have no intention of doing that, you like to see him lean. IT%26#39;s that kind of banter. Also, they made paper hats with suggestive remarks on it. My one daughter, who was about 10 at the time complained because she didn%26#39;t have a hat. So the waiter made her one that said: I farted. LOL.




Other than I didn%26#39;t like the food ...it was OK not too raunchy.



But I think there are too many great places to eat in MB to spend my time eating bad food.




Other than I didn%26#39;t like the food ...it was OK not too raunchy.



But I think there are too many great places to eat in MB to spend my time eating bad food.




I agree you have to be open minded to go there and we didn,t find the food all the great. but we had fun. again there are other places that have good food .




They take white paper table liners and roll them up in the shape of ';condoms'; (I assume I can say that) and put on your head. They also write some very suggestive things on the front of them. We like Dicks and people stand in line to take their children inside, but at 6, I think I would find another restaurant.




Thank you all for your comments. I think I will wait until my little one is a little older before we try it. We love coming to Myrtle Beach every summer, so they%26#39;ll be other opportunities to try it.





I do appreciate all the input. 5 more days until we come down!!!!




I have been to Dick%26#39;s several times. I wouldn%26#39;t be taking a young child there and other reviewers are correct. The food is slightly better than terrible. If you really want your children to be entertained, take them to Dixie Stampede. We were there last night (we%26#39;ve been going every year since they opened 15 years ago). You won%26#39;t be disappointed. Go to the pre-show and get there early enough to get a seat. Your children will be thoroughly entertained and so will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment