Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Help Quick- Beach Cove or Ocean Creek Tower

I have reservations at Beach Cove but looked into staying at OC Tower unit througth VRBO and I am thinking about canceling BEach Cove. OC looks like it is nicer and has more amenities. I am family of 5 - children 12/10/7. Price is about the same. Should I cancel Beach Cove? The only thing that I see that my family may not like is the distance to the beach from the hotel. no lazy river or restuarant in hote. It is hard to see from pictures where the access point is? looks like you have to walk over bridges to get to beach club and beach front. Is that correct? WOuld like anyone%26#39;s opinion. I need to make my decision today as we are arriving on Monday.



Help Quick- Beach Cove or Ocean Creek Tower


I stayed at Ocean Creek the past 2 years at Myrtle. Nice Place. There are two outdoor pools at each of the two towers, and one indoor with a hot tub at least at one building. There is a restaurant with a buffet near the street entrance. You could walk, but since the area is so huge (ocean creek includes towers, tennis villas, etc.. it really is a large resort) a drive might be quicker. Food isn%26#39;t too bad there, its nice if you don%26#39;t want to go far. There is a nice outdoor snack bar with tables and chairs by one of the pools. GREAT location. Directly across the street from Barefoot Landing.





As for the distance to the beach. It%26#39;s not bad at all. There is a small bridge that goes over the grass and brush area, but thats it. Nothing to complain about. Not a concern at all if you ask me.





I would recommend it and stay there again also!





Have a wonderful vacation wherever you decide to stay.



Help Quick- Beach Cove or Ocean Creek Tower


Hi.. I love ocean creek.. there are LOTS of pools...



One as soon as you drive in the resort..





and several scattered thru out the resort.. Please note.. there is NO



lazy river!!...





Its a beautiful resort.. absolutely!! I stayed in the Towers..the South to be exact.. I went thru.. vrbo





There is a nice beach club.. right at the pool ..ocean front..where



they serve drinks.. fries.. etc..





Its also a gated resort.. which I like...





if you have any questions,. PM me..




Thank You for your quick responses. I am in contact with the owner through VRBO and I am trying to find out where his unit is. It is listed as a 2br2bath villa. and description says Condominium? Not sure if that is in a villa or towers? listing 19098. I am waiting for his response. it says it is in a corner unit with wraparound oceanfront balcony. I ujnderstand there is a lodge also? confused on the layout of buildings.




ok.. when you pull in.. the resort.. the first accommodations you see our the garden homes.. then golf villas.. then you have the lodges...



then you drive .. right down..ocean front.. and you will see the towers..



one North and one South...





If you google.. and hit images..you will see lots of pics o t ocean creek...





there is a walkway to the beach!! and each tower has their own pool..



I have never been to the north..tower..





but the south has a outdoor pool..it extends ..indoors..








okay.. I just looked at your condo..its the Towers..and its beautiful..





looks nicely decorated!!! re done in 07




thanks again for your help. i found out it is on the 10th floor in the North Tower on the North Side.





Looks like we will be switching our plans to come to Ocean Creek. Any other tips for me while I am there? How is the beach? About how long will it take to get to beachfront?





Also any favorite restaurants or attractions that you suggest.




well, the beach is wonderful..





Now here is what I do.. when you get to the beach..



I take my sand chair.. down toward the right.. which is south.and I sit there.. its never crowded.. at that section,



not that its crowded when I go..





When are you going?




I see ..Monday..





I will be in the area.. I arrive on Friday..25th





when are you leaving.. PM me if you need to..




We did stay at the Beach Cove in July and loved it. The grounds are just beautiful, has a tropical atmosphere with a beach bar, live music, a free movie on Wednesday at the pool deck for kids (they bring out a huge big screen TV on the pool deck). Lots of pools, a Lazy River, several hot tubs, and just very scenic with all the palm trees. Short walk to the beach.





I did notice Ocean Creek not too far away but did seem a bit away from the ocean so yes a longer walk than the Beach Cove. Did look around the back end of that property and like what I saw at the Beach Cove better as far as the pool grounds and scenery.




If I am correct, Beach Cove is right next door to Beach Cove...





The towers.. are right there on the beach.. a bit further back..than the beach cove ... but not by much... :))

No comments:

Post a Comment