Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Cake Search

Hello,





We will be in North Myrtle during the week of our daughters 3rd birthday this year. I am hoping some of you can direct me to a good bakery for purchasing her a cake. I would really love an independent bakery verses the grocery store option but if you know of a good grocery store bakery please share that too.





Thanks!!!!



Birthday Cake Search


I just bought a birthday cake on Friday for my husband from Food Lion and found it very tasty and moist. North MB also have BiLo and Kroger for grocery store bakeries. MBCon can help you with the independent bakeries I don%26#39;t even know where any are located.



Birthday Cake Search


Thanks for the help! As many times as I have been down there I have never noticed an independent bakery either. We are really looking forward to spending her birthday down there! Can%26#39;t wait to stop at Ellas on the way down too! I could be wrong but I am thinking you are the one that told us about Ellas in Calabash. We LOVED it!




http://www.boulineaus.com/



Boulineau%26#39;s IGA in Cherry Grove. Did a litle search of their site and found bakery. They do wedding cakes. Bet they could do ya a good birthday cake.........




I talk about Ella%26#39;s alot, we ate lunch there Sunday-good flounder sandwich and Hart1.5 loves their flouder/shrimp combo. You can%26#39;t beat it for price/quality. We eat out quite a bit and Ella%26#39;s never disappoints.




There is a new bakery in the Longs/Little River area right on Highway 9 up from the Food Lion and in the new little plaza where the Bingo hall is. It opened back in April...unfortunately, right around the time that we were leaving our condo (which, coincidentally is about a minute away!). For the life of me...I can%26#39;t remember the name of it but we heard some RAVE reviews of it from the folks over at La Belle Amie (the vineyard in LR).



Hart.....I know you%26#39;re in LR.......does this ring a bell with you?....it%26#39;s right next to the ABC store across from the Colonial Charters entrance.



We%26#39;re going back down to our place in a few weeks and we%26#39;ll be trying it this time for sure.



Gerry




I know the area you are talking about I never drive down that far on Hwy 9, good to know though. I guess I should drive around a little more and see whats going on down there, I know they have been building some retail stores. We need to go eat at LIttle E%26#39;s anyway, best fried chicken, then I can scout it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment