Thursday, April 26, 2012

my exp. with Mills House Hotel in Charleston & Priceline.com

I did a ';name your own price'; for a 3-star hotel in Charleston, SC on 6/23/07. I requested 8/7-10/07 (three nights) at the absurdly low price of $60 and, after about thirty seconds of waiting, was rejected. I raised the price to $70 and requested an extra night (thus check in Mon., Aug. 6 and check out Fri., Aug. 10 - four nights in all), and after about a minute, I was accepted. I couldn%26#39;t believe I got the Mills House for $70/night for four nights. I suspect that the reason was that I did not include any weekend nights.

Closer to the week of our vacation, I started thinking that I%26#39;d like to stay Friday night as well. So the week before, I requested, for the same price ($70/night), Fri. night Aug. 10 as well so that we would check out the following day. Priceline told me that my request was declined but that I could have the room that night for $163. I didn%26#39;t accept it, but it got me thinking that I must have gotten the $70/night originally because I had not requested any nights for the weekend.

Also, the week before, I called the Mills House and said that since I would like flowers to be placed in the room, I would like to go ahead and request a room before I arrived. I asked specifically for a room with a nice view. The rep at the Mills House gave me a room right in the middle of the sixth floor on the Meeting Street side. So we had a view of St. Phillip%26#39;s steeple, the water, and much of historic downtown.

my exp. with Mills House Hotel in Charleston %26amp; Priceline.com

WOW! What a deal! Glad to hear about such a good deal and glad that your room was so nice.

my exp. with Mills House Hotel in Charleston %26amp; Priceline.com

Obviously, you got a great deal at a great hotel. Thanks for the tip!


Glad the name your own price program worked out for you and you enjoyed your stay...I have hear a few horror stories so I am always a little hesitant to use them.


By the way, this was through priceline.com, not hotwire. I wrote ';priceline'; in my subject line, but it apparently got cut off with the ellipsis.


that is a great deal at a great hotel. glad it worked out so well for you!

  • makeup powder
  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment