Friday, April 27, 2012

Trip Report - Ocean Forest Condo 7/28 - 8/4

Trip Report – Ocean Forest – Disgusting Condo VRBO #28766 – Do not rent this. On Saturday – 7/28 we arrived at Ocean Forest to a miserably hot condo on the 20th floor. The only thing good about the condo is the view. First of all the elevators at Ocean Forest are the slowest I have ever experienced and one was usually broken leaving only 1 regular elevator for a 23 story building. There was also a service elevator that you could use sometimes. The door lock to this unit took me at least 5 minutes each time to lock and/or unlock. It’s a regular dead bolt and was beyond terrible. The room had a weird smell and no amount of Lysol could get it to go away and I tried, really tried. The shower curtain has several inches of mold at the bottom. One interior door has a place where a fist went into it. Urgently needs maintenance. The air conditioning was not working when we arrived and only worked occasionally when we were there. By Wednesday, it did not work at all again. I immediately called the owner to discuss the a/c and he never returned my call. Bedroom television does not work and the sink light in the kitchen is broke. I drive a Ford Escape SUV. The parking garage was made for midget cars but that was supposed to be okay since there was an outdoor SUV lot. Day 2 – security guard made me move my car so I had to park on the street. There really is no decent parking on the street. So each day I would again go in and explain that I drive a SUV and can’t fit in the garage. Each time the rude desk people tell me too bad, I’m not on the list. By Tuesday evening, they are now giving out tickets if you park in the SUV lot and aren’t on their list. There is no parking left on the street so I have to have 2 teenage girls get out at night, in a dark garage, and help me squeeze my vehicle into a parking space on the 3rd floor. Then we have the pleasure of walking down a dark, dirty stairwell to get back to the lobby. The girls were terrified. We also have a different security guard make lewd remarks and passes at the girls in the elevator. By Wednesday, the hot water heater in the unit is pouring out onto the floor. I have to toss out some of my stuff that is soaked. I still can’t get the Owner on the phone and when I try to get someone from the front desk to help me (and the hotels home owner rep), they all disappear. I load up my stuff and wait out in the hall for over 30 minutes before I can finally get it down to the lobby where I load of my SUV and get the heck out of that dump. A maintenance man told us that something is continually broken there – usually the elevators and that that very same day they had a leak on the 23rd floor and had to shut off all the water to the building. Do not every stay in this unit nor anywhere else at Ocean Forest. I have paid for a full week and it’s so bad that I leave on Wednesday morning and go check into Beach Colony for my last 3 days.



Trip Report - Ocean Forest Condo 7/28 - 8/4


Gosh thats awful. For the most part VRBO%26#39;s get good reviews, I personally have used the service, but the past week or so you are the 2nd person to have a horrible experience with VRBO. I will not recommend them anymore, you absolutely have no recourse should it not be what you paid for. I would make a new post with the comment about OCEAN FOREST-NASTY, not just part of your other trip report, make sure it stands out.



Trip Report - Ocean Forest Condo 7/28 - 8/4


Good idea.




I%26#39;m getting really nervous! We%26#39;re doing our first VRBO next month.





When you are in a hotel %26amp; the conditions are deplorable you can refuse to stay there (been there, done that), but with VRBO, we%26#39;ll be stuck.




That%26#39;s correct. This was my first and last time doing VRBO. While I%26#39;m sure that most of the places are great, I figure that my one week a year vacation is just not worth the gamble. I%26#39;ll stick to renting from the facility itself or at least thru a rental agency. Honestly, I%26#39;m sticking to renting directly from the hotel for a while at least until the memories of this start to fade.




You could rent from a motel or hotel and the whole place is a dump? Most of the time realty companies have something else, either in the place you%26#39;re staying or down the road. Most of the time they%26#39;ll switch you. I%26#39;d guess most vrbo or other rent by owner places would be good ones to vacation in but I%26#39;d also guess there are some dumps. Some owners do a great job of keeping up their vacation property and updating it. Sometimes they get comments emailed to them such as these...





1____';We had a great vacation and loved the condo. Thanks so much!'; JK,NC





2____ ';Generally, my family stays at the Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach for our vacation. We are very pleased with your condo. We went on-line this morning to schedule our 2007 vacation.';... RC,KY





3____';We had commented last week, you have provided everything and more for anyone with all the top quality furnishings. The kitchen is great (I love the flatware) the bathrooms are well equipped and clean. All the bedrooms have lovely furniture and very nice pictures, etc. We hope to visit again in the fall, hopefully for a month. Our best and thank you and your family for the vacation.';....SC, NC





4____';Everything was wonderful! The place was immaculate. The furniture was beautiful. Love the counter tops and all the space in the bathroom. It was one of our best vacations. It was very clean and everything was perfect when we arrived. Thank you for everything. Our daughter loved the lazy river, I didn%26#39;t think we were going to be able to get her out. We hope to be able to go back again your place is wonderful. Thanks again for everything.';....KC, PA





5____';We had a great time and the condo was one of the best I have ever rented. I thought Gatilinburg has the best but you have them beat. I can%26#39;t think of anything that the condo didn%26#39;t have that I would have needed. It was a great place for all of us and we%26#39;ll recommend it to our friends. We will try to get back if our health permits.';...KT,KY





6____ “We loved your condo! The unit itself was as nice as any we have stayed in at Myrtle Beach . I don%26#39;t know what else you could add to make the condo any nicer for people!”…BC, PA





7____ ';We loved your condo and had a wonderful vacation. We have told our friends about your place. We definitely will be back. Everything was great; thanks!';...MW, TN





8____“We definitely will stay there again, your condo was beautiful. Thanks for letting us vacation in you home at the beach. The master bedroom was awesome!”… KG,TN





9____”We had a great week while we enjoyed your condo! The rooms and the kitchen, the 3 bedrooms and view from the balcony were absolutely breathtaking!! Your directions down were excellent too! Our compliments and “thanks” are warmly sent for a fabulous week!!” DD, PA





10___”We really enjoyed our time at your beautiful condo. We hope to rent your condo in the future. It is truly lovely and the decorations are wonderful. The kitchen is perfect and had everything we needed. My husband and his father enjoyed the TV in the living room so much, my father-in-law plans on purchasing a new TV. We hope you have a blessed Christmas.” …BL,TN





11___”I can honestly say there was nothing you could have done to improve our stay. Everything was great. I was surprised at all you had, especially in the kitchen. We did a lot of cooking so it was nice to see things like measuring cups and spoons and enough pots and pans to cook a large meal. The TV was an added bonus. We had a great time and enjoyed your beautiful condo. Thanks so much and I hope we can visit again.”



BV, MA





12__';We really enjoyed the condo and appreciated the red book and your efforts to make our stay enjoyable. Everything we needed was provided and I can%26#39;t think of anything I missed. When we come back to North Myrtle Beach we would certainly consider renting your place again; everything was perfect. Thanks again';... - PK, IL





13__ ';We had a wonderful time and enjoyed your condo very much. The place is just fabulous and having such a beautiful place to stay in just made our stay that much more enjoyable. Thank you for making our stay such a wonder by letting us rent your condo.'; ... - HB,CAN





14__ “Thanks for the great condo...... it was great....beautiful, well equipped, clean and we enjoyed great view!!!!!! Thank you for the use of your comfortable home! It was beautifully furnished and the kitchen was well equipped. We%26#39;ve been coming on our ';girls beach trip'; for 25 years and this was one of the best condos we%26#39;ve stayed in. We hope to come again.” …. – KB,NC



15__ ';We enjoyed staying in this area and in your condo. It was definitely one of the very nicest we have ever stayed in! You all went out of your way to ensure that every aspect of the experience was phenomenal and we trully appreciate it. We will definitely be back.'; ... RS,GA



16__ “Thank you for letting us stay in your condo last week. We had a good time. The condo was very nice. The balcony was awesome.” .. - SC,OH





17__”We had a great time and enjoyed your condo. We enjoyed it so much that we want to rent the same week in 2008. What do I need to do to reserve the week? Thanks and God bless.” …WM MS





18__ “We enjoyed everything about the condo. You have done a great job in furnishing the condo. We want to come back next year the third week of June providing everyone can make it that week. I%26#39;ll let you know more later. Again, we all enjoyed everything--even the parking was easy and not hard to find a space. Thanks again for a wonderful home away from home.” … PM,OH





19__” We thoroughly enjoyed your condo. Everything was perfect. The red book was a great help. The view was breathtaking. Thanks so much for letting us use your home. It was the first time I had been to Myrtle Beach and your home made it enjoyable.” MS, KY





20__”Thanks for letting us rent your condo. It was great. I was very impressed with it. It was roomy and everything was decorated so cute. This was my niece’s 1st visit to the beach and they had a great time. Emma (4.5) even cried when we left. Thanks again for everything and we hope to rent from you next year. …MK, WV




gonefishin, are these comments from a condo you own, or just random comments? (just curious)



I%26#39;ve used VRBO twice and both condos were great. (one was at Ocean Forest Plaza) The elevators and parking garage were the pits though.




One I own...not at Ocean Forest. I advertise on 4 different for rent by owner sites and vrbo is one. I just did not want all VRBO condos or houses to get thrown under the bus. 1000%26#39;s and 1000%26#39;s are great places to stay throughout the world; usually at the best deal possible.


  • colorstay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment