Friday, April 27, 2012

If you had only 2 days in Charleston...

If anyone would like to offer their opinion as to what you%26#39;d do and where you%26#39;d eat in Charleston if you only were there for two days, I would be most appreciative. Thanks!



If you had only 2 days in Charleston...


travel down king street and admire antiques, visit the battery and take a pedi-cab to poogan%26#39;s porch for either breakfast or lunch. they serve supper too, but we haven%26#39;t done that yet. enjoy your trip!



If you had only 2 days in Charleston...


I was in Charleston for 3 days last year and the highlights of my trip were Nathanial Russell House and Middleton Place Plantation.




Middleton Place: tour the plantation and enjoy a wonderful meal in the onsite restaurant. http://www.middletonplace.org/





For great ';lowcountry cuisine'; is Gullah Cuisine. It is off the beaten path outside of Mt. Pleasant right on Highway 17.



http://www.gullahcuisine.com/





Try a ghost walk in downtown Charleston!! there great fun..





Depending on what time of year you are here. The Lowcountry Shrimp Festival, or Grits Festival are local must do!!





Take a boat tour of Fort Moultrie, they also have dinner cruises.





and RELAX, a day at any of the local beaches.




Here%26#39;s what I would do:





1. Take a carriage ride



2. Walk through the market and get dessert at Kaminsky%26#39;s



3. I%26#39;d walk along the Battery



4. Stroll some streets and look at gardens



5. I%26#39;d eat at Poogan%26#39;s Porch downtown



6. I zip over to Patriot%26#39;s Point and tour the complex/ships



7. I%26#39;d take the boar ride out to Fort Sumter



8. I%26#39;d eat at Gilligan%26#39;s



9. Lie on the beach at Isle of Palms.





best wishes.




whew - pardon my hurried spelling! LOL . Please ride a BOAT, not a boar!




Read the ';What I Did Over Spring Break Trip Report';, first posted April 24, 2007.





The report is very detailed and will give you lots of wonderful ideas.




I%26#39;m not sure if you need anymore suggestions, but I put together a concise list of Charleston to-do%26#39;s when planning our trip there last year - http://piytravel.com/pages/s.piy?t=usscch





You may find it helpful. Two of our more obscure/enjoyable finds were Timbo%26#39;s boiled peanuts (along the road out to the plantations) and the tour of the Old City Jail offered by Bulldog Tours.





Enjoy your trip!




Good clarification bud41...funny! First thing I would do would be to try and extend my stay. If that is not a possibility I would take either a carriage ride or a motorized tour. Carriage ride is more unique, but the motorized tours can cover more area and sometimes provide more information. I would eat at Tristan for either lunch or dinner, best burgers and she crab soup in town and the lamb ribs are incredible. Also consider eating at High Cotton, Magnolias, or Anson...Magnolias is open for lunch, the other 2 are dinner only. High Cotton has a very good Sunday brunch...as does Tristan actually.





Eat, drink, and be merry.




We were in Charleston last month and had a terrific visit, check out my post for some pointers:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g54171-i105-k13418鈥?/a>




Hey Bud41:





Based on your photo, appears you like riding exotic animals. Are you sure you didn%26#39;t attempt to ride a boar out to Ft. Sumpter?! ;-)


  • colorstay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment