Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pane e vino

I don%26#39;t normally review restaurants on here, but I ate at pane e vino last night and am having trouble deciding if i liked it or not and thought it may be worthwhile to share my experience. I%26#39;d heard great things about it and was very excited to give it a whirl, but i was left feeling unsatisfied. Overall the location and atmosphere is great, very romantic and cozy. The hostess and our waitress were both very nice, the wine list was great and we enjoyed our bottle of red. However, the food was suprisingly sparse and not at all what I%26#39;d expected. For an app we ordered prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Three pieces of small, stringly asparagus arrived with a decent ammount of greens on the side. Not great, but I expected the entrees to be better. I ordered the fish special and recieved a very small bowl of veggies with a piece of fish on it. The fish was cooked well but the veggies were a mix of onions and a few pieces of squash-- not what i%26#39;d expected for $24. It needed something else-- alot of something else to make it a real meal. My companion ordered the lamb with a fig reduction and potato something or other on the side for $25. Sounded amazing on the menu but when it arrived there were tiny pieces of lamb and a few potatos on the plate. I tasted the lamb and it was quite dry and bland with little fig reduction sauce. In the end our tab for app, wine and entrees was roughly $100 before tip and we were both left hungry....we could have gone to cypress or carolina%26#39;s for that and had a much better meal.





I%26#39;d consider returning only because i%26#39;d heard such great things and did like the atmosphere. Maybe it was just an off night?? I think next time I%26#39;d try a pasta dish as they are more reasonably priced and might actually fill me up.



Pane e vino


You might want to read the scathing review in a June 8, 2007, TA post by ';travel_agentAtlanta';. It sounds as though the two of you had similar complaints.



Pane e vino


The same review came to mind that SC Blossum mentioned. I haven%26#39;t been there personally, but seems like I have heard this before.




Sorry Kiawavilla...misread who you were...don%26#39;t have my glasses on.




That%26#39;s OK, JTMAY - I just ran to get my glasses so I could read your post! - kv




Since I hafta get up at 4 and drive 10 hours, I%26#39;ll make this quick.





As soon as I started reading this, I had a sense of deja vu.





Isn%26#39;t it queer how this person opens up with ';I don%26#39;t normally review restaurants on here'; and gives a less than positive review even though it%26#39;s this person%26#39;s first post.





I would hope that some of us will try this restaurant and provide more details. Until then, I%26#39;m skeptical.




I agree, Floski - when you get back from your 10 hour drive, PLEASE eat at Pano and let us know :)




I asked some local friends who recently ate here about their experience. They said that they ate indoors. The outdoor seating is very limited and only by reservations and with arrangements made in advance. The food is pricy and is not the best they have ever had but the atmosphere is wonderful and the service was very good. They went around the corner on a recent night to Fulton Five for dessert.





It has received some excellant reviews nationally and internationally and some recent attention in Southern Living magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment