Thursday, April 26, 2012

Irish Eyes questions about the Marriott Harbour Point

What is the difference between the Marriott Harbour Point and Sunset Point, I hear that the Harbour Point wasn%26#39;t built by Marriott buty that they now own it and just finished doing the refurbishing of it. Also that is has somewhat smaller rooms but nothing drastically different since they share the same facilities. Please let me know if you can think of anything that would be substantially different between the two resorts that would be a good heads up for my wife and me. We%26#39;re staying in the Harbour Point Sept. 15 - 22nd of this year and would appreciate it. Thanks.



Irish Eyes questions about the Marriott Harbour Point


Actually, niether was originally Marriott properties.





They are basically similar and do share some rec facilities.







Stan (hhiguy)



Irish Eyes questions about the Marriott Harbour Point


Hi, kbgunter1:





I don%26#39;t believe there is any substantial difference. We technically stayed in Harbour Point, but the building adjacent was marked ';Sunset Point';. From reading old posts, it seems like AT ONE TIME, Harbour Point was perhaps a smoking resort, while Sunset Point was non-smoking, but since the renovations, there is no smoking allowed in either property. I did not actually compare the room size from one to the other, but externally, they looked alike. We did not attend a sales session (we were only asked one time about it), so did not tour, but that was my general impression.





As I indicated in my review, we were pleased with our accommodations and have already booked next year with Harbour Point. Despite what I read in a more recent review (although based on an experience over two years old), we experienced NO trace of mold, bugs or any other problems, so although I would not doubt a reviewer%26#39;s experience, I believe the comprehensive renovation that Marriott undertook must have solved those problems. I%26#39;m confident that you will have a great time.





Don%26#39;t hesitate to contact me with any other questions.





Happy Travels!



Julia



';IrishEyes';




Thanks Julia ';IrishEyes'; for the information. That%26#39;s the impression I was getting also but it%26#39;s nice to hear someone else who%26#39;s been there and experienced it first hand. Thanks alot and if you think about it or if you read this, what restaurants would you pick for a nice romantic dinner with great water views and good atmosphere.




The Ocean Grille, within walking distance from your resort, was very nice, with nice atmosphere, nice views, good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment