Friday, March 30, 2012

October - 1st time visitors

My husband and I are coming to HHI 10/5 - 10/7 for a weekend visit and staying at the Hilton Oceanfront (great deal on Hotwire!). I am sure there are plenty of posts on this already but can I get some suggestions for first time visitors? Leaving 2 year old son for the weekend so looking forward to some grown up time and relaxation!





Any suggestions for things to do, places to see, restaurants, etc. for first timers? How are the water temps that time of year? What about hotel pools - still open?





Thanks so much!



October - 1st time visitors


It is beautiful in October. The ocean is still warm and the crowds are gone. I highly recommend Michael Anthony%26#39;s Cucina for fantastic Italian in a very nice elegant adult atmosphere- no spaghetti and meatballs here!. Check out their website. Also love the atmosphere at Santa Fe- upscale Tex Mex with an out door firepit on an upper level deck! Live music plays too. The Boathouse has beautiful views of the water and from what I hear Old Fort Pub is one of the best on the island but also pricey. I%26#39;m envious- have a great time!



October - 1st time visitors


Not sure about water temps or hotel pools... but there are some things going on that weekend while you%26#39;re there, a Chili Cook off for one at the Honey Horn Plantation ;-) I loooove chili, so I can%26#39;t not mention something as exciting as that! Also, if you%26#39;re looking for something artsy to do ';The Full Monty'; musical will be performed at the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina...





Otherwise, really, we kind of just bum around the island when we%26#39;re there... we always have a great meal at Catch 22! Really good food! We bike, kayak, just hang out at the ocean reading or walking... I enjoy hitting the shops around, husband does not, lol.. we just kidn of lay low and live in the moment there, unlike at home...


  • blush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment