Monday, April 16, 2012

What if it rains?

I know I shouldn%26#39;t even mention the ';R'; word, but I was looking at



the report for this weekend and it wasn%26#39;t that great. Any suggestions?



What if it rains?


Buy an umbrella. Theres Imax Theater at Broadway.Some shows have matinee performances like Cirque-Cirque at the Palace.Eat lunch at Hamburger Joes. Theres the Ripleys Aquarium and Magiquest for the kids.Visit the Hard Rock Preview center.Tour a timeshare if thats your thing. Some tours can be rewarding and enjoyable and others not.





Best yet enjoy a matinee in your room.



What if it rains?


Lots of great shopping in MB too. That%26#39;s about the only time I go near shopping areas is when it rains.





Or, (my personal favorite) relax, sit on your balcony, have a glass of wine.




Also, just wanted to chime in and mention not to look at the Weather Channel or weather.com. They are not as reliable with their forecasts as the local meteorologists. I personally like to look at wpde.com.



I only mention this because I made that mistake last year and the weather channel was saying 20% rain and it rained all day two days and it actually got a little cooler at night than they were saying.




When we went we were lucky enough to have 8 days of perfect sunshine. We were about 2 miles from the Colonial Mall which was great. I wanted to save that for a rainy day but the rainy day never came. We did wind up going towards the end since there was no reason to wait anymore. There is also a movie theater next door. I dont go to the movies much but it was great to know if it rained I could at least do that with the kids. Also at the Tanger outlets some of it was covered so its an easy thing to do even if there is a misty rain outside. We also did indoor mini golf which was a volcano theme (very cute) sorry I dont know the name. It was nice because it was air conditioned and we were there during the 100 degree heatwave. Also did indoor gokarts and at Colonial Mall they have a bungee jumping type of things which both of my kids loved. They have 4 of them going at all times so the wait isnt too bad. There is East of Chicago which is a pizza buffet/arcade and the kids make their own pizzas. I hope this helped some.

No comments:

Post a Comment