Friday, April 13, 2012

Fastest route from Bluefield WV (right off of I-77) to MB

We are interested in getting opinions on the shortest route from Bluefield. Thanks for the help...



Fastest route from Bluefield WV (right off of I-77) to MB


You%26#39;ll probably get half dozen suggestions. The only factual info will be distance. You can actually measure that and find one shorter than another one.



';Fastest'; and ';easiest'; is a matter of opinion. Driving habits differ between all the different drivers. What works for one might not work for another. Just have to experiment and find the one that works for you.



I was making beach trips before I 77 was completed. Used to run over to Pearisburg and down Rt 100 to get to Rt 52. I%26#39;ve tried about every route possible through the years. The drive times between longest and shortest are very close to being the same when you figure in average MPH.



When I read some of the other route reports and the times they say they made it in, I just shake my head. When you do the math and figure distance and elapsed time. There were some moving violations in there somewhere. It%26#39;s not worth the risk. It%26#39;s a drive to the beach. Not a rush to the hospital.



Our favorite route is one of the longer mileage routes. Decent average MPH. Little traffic. Easy to follow. Not a lot of twists and turns to constantly look for.



Some people run I 77 all the way to Columbia, SC and across I 20. Cruise control interstate speeds the entire way.



We go that route with one small wrinkle. We hop off and run through the woods for about 25 miles. Don%26#39;t know if it saves time but it gives you a break from the interstate scenes. After 25 miles you%26#39;re ready to get back on big road to get to the beach.



We follow I 77 south into South Carolina. Take exit 34 and hit Rt 34. Hard to forget that one.



Turn left at top of ramp and follow Rt 34 through Ridgeway and down to Lugoff. This is your only two lane of the trip.



At stoplight in Lugoff you turn right and follow signs to I 20. I 20 east to Florence.



Hit I 95 north a few miles to exit 170. Top of ramp turn right and follow Rt 327 over to Rt 76.



Rt 76 to Marion. Stay in right lane and it runs around to Rt 501.



Rt 501 runs right into MB. Couple of other options depending on where you are staying along the Grand Strand.



Ballpark figuring. 6-7 hours depending on driving habits.



Fastest route from Bluefield WV (right off of I-77) to MB


We take I-77 then jump on I-74 which takes you to Rt. 52 toward Winston-Salem. Get on I-40 taking Rt. 220 in the Greensboro area.



(Rt. 220 is also I-73/74...weird)



Follow this south to Rockingham to Rt. 74....follow this to 501 all the way to the beach.



Take Rt. 22 past Aynor, SC (bypassing Conway)





From Bluefield, it will be about 6 hours, maybe a bit less.


  • skin cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment