Monday, April 23, 2012

Masters 2008 accomodation

Hi,





I am planning a trip to the 2008 masters and am looking for some hotel recommnedations. someone told me to check out Columbia, SC. How far is it to augusta, do they runs buses on tournament day ?. how long is travel to the course. what hotels do you recommned.





thanks for your help



Masters 2008 accomodation


Mapquest puts Columbia 80+ miles from Augusta, making it an hour and a half drive. Don%26#39;t know much about travel for the Masters. My guess is that you could find something closer to Augusta. Have you tried the GA forum?





Good luck.



Masters 2008 accomodation


I live in Columbia and I%26#39;m not aware of any buses between here and the Masters during the toonamint. I do meet people who are staying in the Columbia area that week but they all drive back and forth on I-20. From the Lexington side of town (near the airport) under normal circumstances you%26#39;re looking at an hour and fifteen or twenty minutes to the vicinity of ANGC. From the north side of town add 20-30 minutes to that depending on traffic. I suspect that when travelling to the Masters you have to allow for an additional half hour or more for negociating traffic around the course.





The nearest South Carolina towns to ANGC are North Augusta and Aiken but generally you have to make arrangements way, way in advance and of course lodging that close by has jacked-up prices. Then there%26#39;s sort of an empty stretch of I-20 until you get pretty close into Lexington and West Columbia, not much in between.





I don%26#39;t know much about the Georgia side but I%26#39;d suspect Athens is probably the closest place you%26#39;d find anything available without advance planning and extra expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment