Friday, April 13, 2012

Budget Trip with 5 year old

Hi! I am looking for some advise on where to stay when we come to Myrtle Beach the 1st week of June 2008. This will be our first trip here, and we are on a bit of a budget. I am looking for a nice place with a lot of water activities for my 5 year old. I would like to spend $1000 or less and go for a week. I have found some of the following prices.





Long Bay- $770 for 7 days. south side view room





Caribbean- $962 for 6 days. ocean front suite





I am also curious about Compass Cove, but they haven%26#39;t released their rates for next year yet. What do you think?? Is Long Bay a nice place? Should I book now, or will prices drop later?



Budget Trip with 5 year old


check out dunes village resort king deluxe studio -



good luck - forest dunes resort..



Budget Trip with 5 year old


You can call Compass Cove for there rates next summer. It is a nice hotle that just went threw some major renovations. It is really nice and clean. If you call the hotel diectly then you can get a better rate sometimes than when you book online.




I think you will like Compass Cove. But if they aren%26#39;t cheaper than Long Bay, that%26#39;s another good option. Don%26#39;t know much about the Caribbean.




I tried calling Compass Cove about a week ago and they didn%26#39;t have their rates available yet :o( So I guess I%26#39;ll see how that compares to Long Bay and go from there.





Does anyone know how the south side view rooms are at Long Bay?





And do you prefer one area (Long Bay vs Compass Cove) over another?




The Long Bay area is not as crowded and is on the northern end of MB.



whereas





The Compass Cove area can be crowded and it%26#39;s in the southern portion of MB.





I stayed at Compass Cove and didn%26#39;t mind the area but it had a much younger crowd there as well.





Haven%26#39;t stayed at Long Bay but I know of the area.




Tamara6959,



I just got back from Long bay resort.



The southside rooms do not have much of a view except that of the ocean reef next door. Here is a link of some pics that were taken by someone who stayed in a southview room.





flickr.com/photos/鈥?/a>



The view from the balcony is like the 7th pic , there are also tons of room and resort.





We stayed in the oceanfront suite. My 3 year old and 15 year old loved the pools there. I have heard Compass Cove has the really great pools.



Hope this helps.




Thanks for the picture link!! Showed me exactly what I wanted to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment