Friday, April 13, 2012

Mom's trip report...

We arrived in Myrtle Beach on Friday.. and our first stop was at Staybridge Suites.. near where the Hard Rock Park is being built.. you could see the Roller Coaster from that area!... Our stay there was lovely , it was for one night..



Sat.. morning we headed off to visit Huntington Beach Park.. it was just beautiful... some jelly fish in the water.. 2 small children were stung while we were there.. :(



We took the tour of the castle.. and found the history.. amazing!! enjoyed out visit there very much...



Our condo for the rest of the week was at Barefoot Resort..The Haven%26#39;s... which is on a golf course .. behind the Barefoot Towers...



beautiful .. condo.. new.. and very clean.. and very nicely decorated..



sleeps six..



We met Mr. and Mrs. Hart.. :)))))) a lovely couple!!! btw.. had a nice time with them...



The weather could have been sunnier!!! and we visited the beach twice during our stay.. that was disappointing.. I do enjoy staying ocean front.. Parking was a problem... by the beach.. as you must be an OWNER to park at the Barefoot Parking lot and to visit the Beach Cabana.. you must have a swipe card.. to get into the parking lot..



We ate .. at..



Fire Island Grill, Hamburger Joe%26#39;s.. WINGS (new at Barefoot)



California Dreaming..Red Dog Saloon.. (near the Grand Coastal Mall)..and at Beck%26#39;s in North Carolina.. :)



did not have a bad dinner or lunch anywhere...



On Friday.. we ventured into Charleston to visit Fort Sumter..



it was an enjoyable trip... my 10 year old .. loved it.. I think the five year old like the ferry boat ride more..



We saw a dolphin in the water.. which was amazing.. to watch..



after docking back into Charleston..it started to rain.. we went for lunch.. at Bubba Gump%26#39;s.. as we parked right in front.. had a lovely lunch.. did some shopping at the Market Place.. then it POURED..



we wanted to do some walking around.. but we left ...it was getting late..



Let%26#39;s see.. I .. my oldest and my youngest .. we all were pretty congested with colds ..and sore throats.. put a bit of a damper on things..



But overall it was an enjoyable time..



Mom's trip report...


Mom,



Sorry to hear you were sick but glad to hear you had a good time and enjoyed your vacation. Only two trips to the beach? Bummer.



Is that typical for you or was the weather too bad for the beach?





We were in the ocean everyday during our stay from about 8AM til 1PM and again in the evening after dinner. We saw only two jelly fish washed up on the shore but never saw any in the water or had any problems of any kind (ie being stung etc.).





I%26#39;m glad to hear your dinning experinces were good. I%26#39;d love to hear a little more about the restaurants and your trip to Charleston. What kind of tour did you take?



Ron



Mom's trip report...


We went thru... Fort Sumter Tours.. ... the place where we bought tickets is right next to the Aquarium.. in Charleston...it was a 30 minute cruise to the fort.. it was narrated.. and the boat had 2 decks..one below.. air conditioned..and the top deck.. open.. lots of chairs to sit..upon.. and they sell cold drinks.. coffee.. chips.. (snacks) and hot dogs. .. my five year old..seriously..thought he was aboard a cruise ship..he was totally fascinated.. LOL





After visiting the fort.. you have one hr.. and then you depart ..





Adults: $14.00;Seniors: $12.50; Kids (6-11): $8.00; Infants (5 and Under): Free








Mom,





Ditto the same comment from Ron. Sorry to hear about the colds and sore throats. You know what they say a bad day at the beach beats a good day at work anytime. I hope you all are feeling better. My kids started school today, one in kindergarten and my oldest now in 6th grade. Our school system traditionally starts the day after labor day every year. They told me today that they can not wait for summer again to go to Myrtle Beach! Well, should I start the countdown already for their sake! If so then 9 plus months and counting. I probably won%26#39;t be on this site very much until late Winter or Early spring as I will be busy planning our Disney trip in March and football season has arrived, that will occupy my spare time! I will check in every so often though.





P.S. No parasailing???




No... um.. parasailing ..next year.. for sure LOL..





I do miss the beach.. we always stayed at ocean creek..miss



being on the beach everyday.. I would go to the beach from 10 am.. till at least 3 pm.. taking break.. for the pool and lunch..





and then walking on it after 6 pm.. sigh..





OSU.. PM me about your disney trip




Wonderful trip report. Sorry you guys had the sore throat thing going on. Great you got to meet Mr and Mrs Hart. I have had the best luck meeting online friends. We did not do the Ft. Sumter tour but did a van tour of Charleston twice. It still amazes me that buildings from before the Revolutionary War are still standing. We ate at Hamburger Joes and McAlistars (?sp) as Lilli......ummmm sorry forgot your online name. Both were great. I love reading the reviews makes me remember my time there and look forward to our next visit.




if and when I return to charleston, my son (16) wants to do a ghost tour walk..



there is lots to see and do in charleston, would be nice to spend one night there.. :)




Im glad you had a good time!! We also ate at Fire Island Grill, I had the shish kebab platter with the various sauces and loved it!



Sorry that you were all sick, I hate when that type of thing happens on vacation. Is the Barefoot Resort the place right in back of Barefoot Landing? If so it looked really nice.




Hi .. Ginger.. My son had the same dinner you had at FI Grill..





Yes.. Barefoot Resort is right behind Barefoot Landing.. you can see several towers.. our accommodations.. were set in the back of those towers.. way in the back.. there are tons of golf homes.. and other types of accommodations.. we stayed at the Haven%26#39;s..








Mom - Thanks for the report - glad you had a great trip -



sorry about the colds- hope everyone is getting better.........



We are going October 5-12 - how was the temperature?



I%26#39;m praying it%26#39;s still warm enough to beach on our trip..



We are staying at Dunes Village as of now..



Thanks,



Fergy




Sorry to hear you were congested and sore throats, I hope it wasn%26#39;t from getting soaked Sunday on the boat!! :o(



If you email me about next years accomodations I promise I will make up to you the missed dinner trip to Calabash, I still feel bad about that, but working the World AM golf convention we had good week with lots of leads for upcoming trips for golfers. So even though I missed dinner-I made some great contacts

No comments:

Post a Comment