Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Self Guided House Tours, other tours.

I%26#39;m pretty familiar with Hilton Head in every other way, lol...but Sept. 29 - Oct. 6, my husband and I are bringing my parents down to our home there for the first time.





We plan to lay pretty low and just relax...this is their first vacation in 5 years, but there are a couple of days where I know they%26#39;d like to see some of the area...sure I%26#39;ll take them into the different plantations and I%26#39;ll take mom out to Bluffton to go antiquing and see the Heyward House... which brings me to...





Are there any other tours, historical homes, etc. in Hilton Head, Bluffton area that we could do on our own time, not get in a tour buss, etc? Both of my parents love this sort of thing and neither of them have been to HHI before. I%26#39;ll be taking them into Savannah for at least a day as well. I did a search hoping to come up with some ideas but came up empty handed.





What else might you do with your parents from farrrrrr Northern Wisconsin. Husband and I usually hang out at the house, drive into Savannah, bike, kayak and eat, lol...





Thank you so much, I look forward to any responses! Have a great day...



Self Guided House Tours, other tours.


Beaufort is nice. We went there to shop and took a horse carriage ride through the town. We also visited the only house/museum you can go through...John Mark Verdier house on Bay Street. We also went into a church and I think it was St. Helena%26#39;s Church but I%26#39;m not sure.





Hope this helps!



Self Guided House Tours, other tours.


Thanks hhigirl! I%26#39;ve actually been meaning to head up to Beaufort, so it might be a fun thing to explore w/ my parents. Just husband and I are heading down for a quick Labor Day getaway so perhaps we%26#39;ll have to scope some stuff out before the big trip with mom and dad! Thanks!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment