Friday, April 13, 2012

Convince ME

To do the parasailing thing!!!!





Been to MB... for soooo many years.. and I want to do it..



this year for sure.. I hope...





So.. tell me why I SHOULD do it..





and maybe why I should not... YIKES





ooh and i want to know .. how many of you actually did it.. :)))))



Convince ME


Mom...



You should do it! Especially on a pretty day --- what you can see from that perspective is amazing! And its so peaceful being up in the air, and looking at the ocean --- sometimes you can see ';what lies beneath';! I have done both single and tandem.....I do prefer sharing the experience, so maybe you should check into that.





The takeoff (for me anyway) always makes me think of how I feel when I ride a ferris wheel (that sensation)...but once your up there...wow! And if you dont want to ';dip'; just let them know.....





Just a word of advice ---- go with a reputable company, and watch the weather. Some companies will go out no matter what.





:)



Convince ME


ooookay.. where do you live .. you are coming with me!! LOL





thanks .. for the advice!! I appreciate it..




Two years ago I decided to get everyone in my family a ticket to go parasailing when we were in Myrtle Beach. It was their birthday present from me. Some were hesitant, some not. But when it came time to do it , we all went. The company we used was Marlin Quay Marina in Garden City. It%26#39;s on S. Waccamaw near the point.





My sister in-law had mentioned she really was scared of heights but she would do it if everyone else did. Well when she went up she fell in love with the whole experience. She had also said (before hand) Don%26#39;t you dare let them dip me. Then on the way down (back to the boat) she said, DIP ME! She screamed with delight!





We all had a wonderful time including my then 6 year old son. With Marlin Quay you don%26#39;t have to worry about the things you see on America%26#39;s Funniest Videos dragging people off of docks and jerking them thru the water before finally cathcing air. They take the whole group out into the ocean then one by one, or two by two you are harnessed up on the back of the boat then gently lifted into the air. When coming back down it%26#39;s on a pulley system that gently places you right back in the boat.





Once you%26#39;re up it%26#39;s completely different than I thought it would be.



It%26#39;s calm and glorious. You feel like a bird floating up there and the beach takes on a whole new perspective. We took video and pictures of each other from the boat. When we go again this July I%26#39;m taking video and pictures from up in the air (being sure to strap the cameras to my body so I don%26#39;t drop them.





It was amazing and I strongly recommend doing it.



Here%26#39;s the web site for the Marlin Quay Marina



www.marlinquay.com





While you%26#39;re there you can eat at one of the best restaurants around, the Gulf Stream Cafe%26#39; , which is right next door to the Marina.





Enjoy, from a fellow Pennsylvanian



Ron



Saxonburg, PA




Thanks Ron..!!





Not afraid (too much) of the height thing..



dont want the dip thing...(but now.. I think I should)



you only go around once...





But I am taking my (soon to be 18) year old with me..





I hope to surprise him!!




My teenaged daughter has done it twice and enjoyed it both times.Just pack some Immodium AD with you just in case, big YIKES.





Wife and daughter want to do the horseback riding on the beach this year up in Little River.




mom, go for it! If I were there then, I do it with you!



And your son would Love it, I bet!



Big brownie points for YOU, too! ;)




I%26#39;ve got 4 boys too. Two are my stepsons and I%26#39;m gonna do it for the first time too! I%26#39;m looking forward to it [parasailing] more than anything else on our trip. You%26#39;ve got to do it! If you back out now you will regret it, because you%26#39;ve put yourself out there (so to speak) now. Your kids will think you%26#39;re the bomb for doing it too, LOL! When is your trip? Let us know how much you loved it! We are also planning on riding the banana boat thing too.




Why you should do it? It will be a geat memory for you %26amp; your 18-year old son. But you already know that.




hey mom,





i have been wanting to try parasailing also but a fear of water has kept me from it. I wish you would be going to MB before me so you could let me know how it is!!!!





I get vertigo (sp?) if I go on rides anymore so I wonder if this would bother me.





I think I%26#39;ll check into it and see if rest of the fam will join me.





t




I%26#39;ve gone parasaling before but in the Bahama%26#39;s at Paradise Island. Like a few other posters have mentioned I say ';go for it'; or as the Nike commercial says ';just do it';. You will never forget it. It%26#39;s kind of like an airline flight, other than the takeoff and landing which went very smooth by the way you are care free and have no worries, just enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment