Monday, April 16, 2012

Help Me Please

I%26#39;m planning to go to Myrtle Beach, SC on 9/15/07. I will be traveling with my elderly grandfather, my mother, my husband and two small children. I%26#39;ve read horrible reviews and good reviews for several different resorts. I%26#39;m looking for some advice on where to go and get a reasonable rate wih clean rooms without roaches (made that mistake last year!) I%26#39;m terrified to book a room and not be satisfied when I get there. If anyone has any suggestions please email me at amber_ecu@hotmail.com. Oh yeah I need suggestions on hotels that offer internet access if at all possible.





Thank You





Help Me Please


How much do you want to spend a night?



Help Me Please


That all depends on whether I%26#39;m getting one or two rooms. I%26#39;m only looking to spend about 450-550 for the four nights either way.




By that time in September, prices are pretty low. We had a very clean, basic but well-maintained suite at Dayton House last year in September for around 100 per night. They have a great front lawn area with umbrella tables, ect. The pools are all kept clean. The furnishings are definitely dated but they do a great job with housekeeping.




I sent you a message from this site.




Welcome to the south...lol I think even the most ritzy places have them darn roaches! ick....up north we call em roaches, down here they say palmetto bugs or water bugs. Either way I guess thats what we have to deal with in a tropical climate. I dont think u should have a hard time finding a reasonable deal at a great place the rates drop cuz school is back in. Good luck!




Hi Amber: The Hilton isa place to avoid at all costs, the Lobby and pools are the only bright spot inside, the beach location is great however there are many issues, We booked a 7 day stay ending the Sunday before labor day, we left 2 days into it. That place was filthy, the rest of the hotel looks like a 20 year ago design/paint scheme the bathroom floors when a damp wash cloth was passed over them left the outline of your hand in BLACK, the balconies are UNSAFE we have a 17 month old and the space between the balcony railings is spaced so far apart the it will allow for a small child to fall through and even slip under the bottom most rail between it and the concrete base, absolutely scary, Housekeeping did nothing no vacuuming, no cleaning of the tables or anything else for that matter, I even asked for a vacuum to be left in the room so we could try and keep the room clean of sand from the beach, we were told that house keeping would vacuum the room, well they didn%26#39;t.



We checked out and went to Ocean Creek just north of that disaster with a hiton name, for the money Ocean Creek would be a good choice, we leave Sunday the 2nd and have enjoyed our time here, makes the Hilton look like a run down Howard Johnsons from the 70s by comparison Tower B is the newer of the ocean front locations so try and stay there, I%26#39;m in tower B and haveno complainst however the other Tower has better views



I hope this helped.




Dunes Village or Southwind.New and in a peaceful location.For less money Forest Dunes but be sure to specify an A- rated unit.




T/A%26#39;s numerical rating system is based on the compiled reviewers satisfaction ratings without regard to cost, so that can be helpful if cost is no object (the highest numbered properties are usually the moost expensive hotels).



It%26#39;s not particularly helpful if trying to find the best value. For that, check the reviews of the reasonably priced places, but be aware that ';you can please most of the people most of the time...';




Hi Amber,





My family and I stay at Forest Dunes each time we go to Myrtle Beach. They are making some renovations, however, the rooms are clean, the beach area is fantastic, and the prices are very reasonable. Never had a problem with crime, rowty crowds, etc. You can view the rooms from pictures guests have taken. When you go to trip advisors.com just type in Forest Dunes Myrtle Beach SC and start reading the reviews and at the top you can click on candid view photos (or something like that).

No comments:

Post a Comment