Monday, April 23, 2012

Summer with Teenagers-recommend resort

hi - we always vacation in the Caribbean and Mexico in summer but with my son%26#39;s baseball schedule 2008 we can only take one week for vacation and are thinking of Myrtle Beach.





1. Can anyone recommend a resort with things for teens (boys will be16) to do that is pretty close to the attractions?





2. Oceak Creek looks nice and seems to fit the profile. Is this a nice place?





Thank you. ANy help anyone can provide will be appreciated. I know loding sells out quickly in the summer so I want to get something booked THIS summer for next!



Summer with Teenagers-recommend resort


Hi,





I stayed at the Beach Cove in July which is right next to Ocean Creek. You can%26#39;t go wrong with either place. I think Ocean Creek maybe newer but I loved the pool grounds, pool bar with music, and the game room and exercise facility were nice for the kids. You can also view my pics of the Beach Cove my clicking on my name if you%26#39;d wish. I am almost sure another TA poster who is on vacation now stays at Ocean Creek so maybe you can get in touch with her next week (Mom4Boys). Good luck planning.





Also, in addition to the pool grounds being very nice this is a great loaction just across Barefoot Landing and a short drive to many area attractions.



Summer with Teenagers-recommend resort


Thank you - it does look nice! I like the idea of a gym. Can you get breakfast at the hotel and lunch at the pool or beach? I am not into making food on vacation - I barely cook when we are home!




We did use the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast a few times. They have a nice smaller buffet but just right, includes eggs, waffles, sausage, fruit, etc... We had a condo unit so ate in our room for lunch. There is a bar on the pool grounds and yes I do believe you can order food out there but never tried it. I did see a Martini bar inside too.




Interesting that the most recent reviews of this place are horrendous!




We had no problems. Only complaint was the slow elevators. I did see the check in seemed slow but we rented a condo inside the Beach Cove using a realtor. Our room was very clean and well maintained. We did not have to wait through the long check in lines in the lobby as a result of going through a realtor. I can honestly say we enjoyed it there very much and I personally met many people who have been going there for over 10 years straight now. Like I said though our room may have been larger than the typical room but was well kept up and no visible problems with the room at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment