Friday, April 13, 2012

Dunes Village resort - I need feedback (MB Concierge?)

I%26#39;m headed to MB in October. I%26#39;d like to try Dunes Village. They have a special rate for thier ';Oceanfront Deluxe King Studio'; for that time.





Can anyone confirm that these ';Studios'; are actually the converted guest rooms from the old structure whic was incorporated into the new facility. My guess is that the old structure was an approx 5 or 6 story building with all ';true oceanfront'; accomodations.





Also, I%26#39;d like to know if anyone has seen or stayed in the King Studios. Are they up to the same high standards as the rest of the facility?





Please advise....



Gorski



Dunes Village resort - I need feedback (MB Concierge?)


Hi Gorski,





We stayed in an Oceanfront Deluxe King Studio last week and were very happy with it. I don%26#39;t know what the old structure was, but I am assuming that it is the building we stayed in. It was 6 stories and totally oceanfront. The room was beautiful, very large, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We are a family of four and my kids slept on the pull out sofa and were comfortable as well. I can%26#39;t speak for what the other rooms (2-4 bedrooms) might look like, but I felt the king studio was on the upscale end. The balcony was larger than some hotels I%26#39;ve stayed at, the decor was bright and clean, and there were two flat screen TV%26#39;s. It was also very quiet, we never heard any other guests. I don%26#39;t know if that meant there was no one next door or not, but it was very quiet. The only thing that I could point out at as negatives were the tub was cracked in the corner and one of the cabinets in the kitchette was broken (the hinge), which we were told they were already aware of and had a report in to fix it. I would stay here again.





Enjoy your trip!



Dunes Village resort - I need feedback (MB Concierge?)


Gorski,





We also stayed in the King Studio about 2 weeks ago. We thought it was tremendous. Everything in the room looked brand new. The beds were comfortable, and the kitchen was well stocked with all the basics for cooking. The best part was the view, it was outstanding. I also have to say we never heard anything from the rooms next to us and I know they were occupied. The location was great, the beach very uncrowded, and the staff was helpful and very nice. I would say this is one of the more luxurious places we have stayed.




Thank you both of you for getting back to me so quickly. You have given me what I need to make a decision to go ahead and make a reservation.





Anyone else with info would be appreciated....





Thanks again,



Gorski




When staying at the Island Vista this past July, I walked down the beach to the Dunes Village Resort. I can tell you this and that is if you are not bringing children and do not care about having a hugh indoor waterpark, then you will want to cancel the Dunes and go with the Island Vista. There is no comparison with the pool areas.



The Vista has 2 outdoor pools and a pool bar with lots of palm trees and grass area that you won%26#39;t see at the Dunes. It is all about what you like, but after seeing the Dunes, I was so glad I went with the Vista !!!





if you have any other questions, please let me know .......





the seasheller

No comments:

Post a Comment