Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My trip from 08-05 thru 08-11

We stayed at The Gazebo Inn from Sunday, Aug 5 鈥?Saturday, Aug 11. I booked 2 ocean front~ rooms side by side that had the adjoining door. The motel was great for the money. Yes ~ it is an older motel ~ but it was nice, very clean, and comfortable. The guy was always out at the pool @ 10:45 at night to clean the pool and then back in the A.M. The maid service was great and very friendly. I was a little concerned about the parking. The lady has told me that my Tahoe would not fit under the below deck parking lot. Luckily, we never had to try it out. There was always a spot ready for me up top.





It was just so hot and humid this week that we kept our activities to a minimum. During the morning, we would go to the pool or out by the beach. We rented the umbrella and chairs from the lifeguard. For 6 days ~ it was 100 bucks. I thought was a deal ~ versus carrying all of that stuff up and down to the beach everyday. I had sworn off the ocean quite a few years ago, but the kids that I was with changed my mind. I had a great time out their jumping the waves and floating on a boogie board. The last 2 days the current was way too rough for us.





We ate at





California Pizza ~ Good 鈥?but the waiter was not very fast or friendly.



Total for 7 - $85.00





Cheeseburger In Paradise ~ it was a 45 minute wait ~ unless we opted to eat outside.



(Which we did!! ) The food was great 鈥?and the service was fabulous!! Even my vegan loved the veggie burger!!



Total for 7 - $120.00





Yamotto鈥檚 ~ would not take any more reservations for rest of the week. So we just showed up at 4:30 and had to wait 20 minutes. Food was great but it was sooooooo hot in there! By the time we left-there were no parking spots to be found.



Total for 7 - $175.00





TGI Fridays ~ had to wait about 15 minutes. Food was good and fast.



Total for 7 - $120.00





Dixie Stampede ~ called to make a reservation that morning but they were already booked. So we had to go the following day. It was good ~ but it was really hot in there too. I prefer Medieval Times food.



Total for 7 鈥?$320.00 (40.00 tip included)





We had a great time 鈥?but next year- I think we will go in June when it isn鈥檛 quite as humid. :o)



My trip from 08-05 thru 08-11


I guess it was better to get a cheaper hotel. Just food alone costs you guys over $800.00 WOW!



Glad you enjoyed your trip.



My trip from 08-05 thru 08-11


Were any of your 7 kids?




Glad you enjoyed the Gazebo Inn and the rest of your trip. It really is a good place for the money in my opinion. We are looking forward to our next stay only 19 days away! I%26#39;m already tuning out work and getting into vacation mode.




Razzy ~ we had 3 adults and 4 teens. (15,15,15,17)





Yugi ~ yes we did enjoy the Gazebo Inn. I think the older I get ~ the more I like the smaller places. The only issue I had was the beds were kind of creaky. My daughter said that every time I rolled over I woke her up. lol But they were really comfy!! We will def.go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment