Friday, April 13, 2012

where to stay on Hilton Head

Coming to HH with husband and dog from Sept 9-15. I want something very close to the beach. Also close to good food, shops, and golf. I have used vbro and vacation rentals. Vbro is harder to use because it breaks it into areas of HH. Having never been, I have no idea what these areas are close too and which are newer and nicer. Do not mind villa, townhome, or house. Price under $1000 for week. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

where to stay on Hilton Head

I%26#39;ve stayed at a couple of villas with our dog that I found through vrbo. One in Shipyard, Beachwalk Villas, very short walk down a shady path to the beach. The other in Palmetto Dunes, Centre Court Villas. A little futher to the beach but the condo was nice. There are some really nice condos in PD, The Moorings, that are very close to the beach. I believe there may be one or two that are pet friendly. We love taking our dog to HH.

where to stay on Hilton Head

I can%26#39;t help you out regarding which units allow dogs, but my husband and I like the Forest Beach Area. I%26#39;ve been told this is an older area of HH, but we%26#39;ve never felt that it was less attractive or desirable than other places. There are plenty of condos built right on the beach, with lots of shops and restuarants within walking distance. Also, it%26#39;s near enough to plantations (which one is dependent on whether you%26#39;re on North Forest Beach or South Forest Beach) to go biking through there if you%26#39;d like. We own at Marriott%26#39;s Grande Ocean, which is right on the water, but I don%26#39;t know if they allow pets. I tend to think not. I%26#39;ve had friends stay at Shorewood Villas, which are all privately owned and rented. Some are nicer than others, but that too is right on the beach. Hope that helps.


Please read my sticky marked ';plantations%26#39; for an overview of our various resorts. It will give you an idea of the attractions of each area.

I would also tell you that the weeks after labor day when you are coming are less expensive than the summer season.

Can%26#39;t help you on the pet, as many of the condo associations do not allow pets. Sunset rentals however does advertise that they have pet friendly accomodations. So give them a try.

Stan (hhiguy)


The Ocean Breeze villas in South Forest Beach are pet friendly. They are about a 5 min. walk to the beach. The ones we have seen are nice. Hilton Head Rentals %26amp; Golf rental company has several of those for rent.

  • microsoft
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment