Monday, April 23, 2012

Compass Cove or Patricia Grande...

Hi Folks,



My wife and I are planning to visit Myrtle Beach for a weekend in early Sept. I have found ocean front rooms in both Compass Cove and Patricia Grande. The Patricia Grande is about $40 cheaper for the trip.





Any idea which would make a better choice. Patricia grande seems to have a lot of negative reviews on TripAdvisor and that is scaring me a bit.





On the other hand the Compass Cove has decent review everywhere. Also they seem to have broad band access in the rooms which is a big plus for me.





The priorities are:



1. Clean rooms with good bedding :).



2. Nice view on a good part of the beach



3. We are unlikely to go club hoping etc, so proximity to happening places is a low priority.





Hope you guys can help



Compass Cove or Patricia Grande...


I might suggest little further north, try Dunes Village, LongBay, Caribbean, Island Vista, Avista, MarVista. Absolutely NO to Patrica Grand, they have issues they need to deal with and apparently don%26#39;t seem to care to. Compass Cove has had some negative reviews on here.



You can go further north on Ocean Blvd or go to North Myrtle Beach, find very nice resorts with more room, less noise and traffic.



Also go to oceanfrontvac.com or call 800-247-5459, friend has a property management company.



There are very nice condo%26#39;s and resorts up and down the Grand Strand that you will be more pleased with then those 2.



Compass Cove or Patricia Grande...


We stayed at Compass Cove last year and loved it....Going back Sept. 3 for a week and we can%26#39;t wait!




I say Compass Cove. It has just been renovated. Patrisha Grand don%26#39;t get that good of reviews and I aint never stayed there because of the not so good reviews.




Yes there are always those that have good experiences, I said there have been negative reviews on here and there have been. Not to say there weren%26#39;t good ones either. On top of this forum do a search to left side of Myrtle Beach, type in Compass Cover and you will pull up all comments made by people.



I have stayed at Patrica Grand, it was a dump 6 years ago and apparently based on those people here and those I have met who are on vacation, it is still a dump.



I think the beaches are nicer in North Myrtle Beach fewer swashes




I too would pick Compass Cove over the Patricia Grand





The first time we visited Compass Cove (maybe 3 years ago) we opted not to stay there. However, when we visited there last year, it was almost like a whole new place: they have done substantial remodeling %26amp; it is truly an impressive place now, but you may want to be careful which building you select.





CC is in the FAR south end, past the ';unsavory area'; hart1 will warn you about, making it convenient to Murrells Inlet for dining.




We stayed at CC the first week of August. Loved it! BUT, you have to know what you want. If you want noisier buildings but great view of pools/ocean go for the Pinnacle or Schooner Bldgs. They seem to be very busy. We stayed in the Mariner bldg. Very quiet (except the people next to us left about 50 million times slamming the door each time!) The view isn%26#39;t as good unless you are very high up as the Schooner bldg blocks some of the beach/pool area. Strange that the Mariner bldg doesn%26#39;t have a lobby, just elevators into the parking garage, but, oh well! Check in before 3 for sure! long lines, but we paid at 12n with no problem. Even got into the room at 2ish. Plus, never put the room key with the cell phone, it will demagnitize it leaving it unusable. Had to get new keys TWICE! Duh! Also, don%26#39;t forget to have brkfst at the Compass Rose! Yum!





Man, I miss MB!




Thanks guys for all the replies. Things changed quite a bit since I last posted here :).





A few of my friends are joining me as well and so now we are going to go for a 3 bedroom condo.





Currently I can get the Seawatch (thru Seawatchresort.com) for almost $150 less than Compass Cove. Also I can get a similar condo a Seawatch thru VRBO for about $25 more than thru Seawatch resort directly.





The plus side for the VRBO is that I know exactly what unit I am going to get with actual photos.





The downside is that I lose out on the daily housekeeping, free breakfast for 2 per night being offered by the resort directly. Also never dealt with VRBO so not sure what happens if the keys don%26#39;t work or say a bathroom leaks etc...





Still debating one over the other :)




With VRBO you do run the risk of the photo%26#39;s not being 100% accurate. There have been a few people posting who were not happy with their experience. The problem with VRBO is you have no recourse should you get to the property and it not be what you thought or if you have maintenance issues. At least renting thru a company you stand at least the possibility of changing units, VRBO you are stuck.




I never heard of anyone paying MORE by going with VRBO...since you seem to already know the difference between VRBO %26amp; booking direct, I can%26#39;t imagine why you would pay the extra $$. I%26#39;d ask the owner to explain why they are charging more...is the unit way nicer than all the others?





We had some problems with VRBO rentals. If there is no local contact #, I%26#39;d think twice.




I actually called the owner and he gladly cut his price to 10% below the resort price.



I also checked with some of the people who rented that Condo before me and they seem to have had a good experience.





Mayank

No comments:

Post a Comment