Monday, April 16, 2012

Good Restaurants in Myrtle Beach

Me, My husband, and 18 month old daughter are staying in MB from 9/23-9/27 at Dunes Village. My husband is a pretty picky eater, eats mostly pizza, steaks, and burgers but no seafood. I wanted to know if anyone had been to any of the following restaurants and if they were any good.





-Ultimate California Pizza (Pizza Delivery for first night)



-Hard Rock Cafe



-Rioz (to spurge while we are there)



-Cheeseburger in Paradise



-Margaritaville



-Amici%26#39;s Italian (Broadway at the Beach)





Any other suggestions?



Thanks in advance!



Good Restaurants in Myrtle Beach


Ultimate CA Pizza - great! I love their pizza! Our 1st night suppers, too!



Hard Rock - wasn%26#39;t that impressed



Margaritaville - fun atmosphere, pretty good cheeseburgers





I%26#39;d also recommend trying River City Cafe @ Barefoot Landing for some burgers - we%26#39;ve never had a bad meal there, and love sitting out back on the deck and watching the boats at the marina.



Good Restaurants in Myrtle Beach


Margaritaville %26amp; Hard Rock Cafe are over priced tourist traps w/ awful food. Only go if you want to be able to say ';I%26#39;ve been there and got the tee-shirt';. It doesn%26#39;t matter what country you visit, they%26#39;re all the same.




http://www.myrtlebeachscrestaurants.com/




I agree about Margaritaville %26amp; Hard Rock Cafe, too gimmicky for my taste. But they are successful chains %26amp; some love them.




If you are Buffet crazy then okay for Margaritaville, we are not, we were less then impressed with the average tasting food at high prices. And I for sure would not stand in line 3 hours to eat there, but plenty of people do. RIOZ was a bit too pricey for me for what we got. I ate most of the meats, but I am not sure I ate $35 worth (which is how much we paid when they first opened) now I hear its $39.



Great American Steak Out just up from where you are staying, 79th Ave and Kings Hwy. Coupon books have discounts for Great American, I think its a decent buffet, w/ discount. They have large variety to chose from.



Cheeseburger in Paradise, decent hamburger, good frozen drinks.



River City Cafe (sometimes good, sometimes less then good) the one at Barefoot overlooks the Intracoastal Waterway, which is nice to sit outside and watch boats go by.




California Pizza was just ok for me. It was like a very overpriced Pizza Hut pizza the best way to describe it. My husband had a regular which to me tasted just like PH and I had a buffalo chicken pizza which is supposed to have chicken, hot sauce and blue cheese, it was just a bunch of shredded chicken and what seemed to be blue cheese but wasnt, just ok for me. I think there has to be better places out there unless you are into this type of pizza. I come from NJ so I guess Im a bit spoiled when it comes to a good pizza.



Rioz looked very nice although I didnt get to go there.



Logan%26#39;s Roadhouse was very good they had a variety of burgers, sandwiches, etc. They give you a big basket of peanuts and allow you to throw the shells on the floor which my kids thought was fun. Good appetizers. Nothing fancy but a good meal.




I love the burgers at five Guys! Great for a fantastic cheap burger.



I like the Ultimate California Pizza but only if you are into the special type pizzas.They do the best on the crazy stuff but I do like the spinach salad.



What about Carolina Road House..they have a good menu. Most seafood places have a large selection of land lovers stuff too. Sea Captains house has a great steak.




for 179$ we get 4days 3 nights, at the avista with one bedroom condo, oceanfront. 2rds of golf at beachwood, 50$ certificate to the house of blues(or hard rock, unsure which) and 100 off another stay at a wyndham hotel. bad thing is we have to listen to 2hr time share presentation at 8:30 am. is this considered a good deal? dealings with wyndham? also hard rock or house of blues 50$ gonna cover two meals??




Stayed at the Dunes Village back in April. I think you will like it there.





Cheeseburger in Paradise - I really liked this place, and it is close to Dunes Village.





Some others I like:





Villa Mare - Small family type place. Italian, good, again its close to Dunes Village





Umbertos - Barefoot Landing - Great grilled pork and lamb chops. This is my all time favorite MB restaurant. Been going there since it opened. Prob need a reservation. It is very lively and noisy.



.




The best burger and onion rings I had was at River City cafe.



The Blackened buger was great.


  • skin cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment