Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Best oceanfront hotel for anniversary trip

My husband and I are coming to MB Oct. 9th for 5 nights. We%26#39;re looking for an excellent direct ocean view (not alot of pools, etc. below our balcony) for a quiet stay. We really don%26#39;t want to spend more than $110, less than $90 would be better than excellent. We read some great reviews on the Hampton Inn but it%26#39;s a little more $$ than some others. Our favorite area is actually Pawleys Island but there%26#39;s no ocean front rooms there that we saw on our last visit last year. Any suggestions?





Best oceanfront hotel for anniversary trip


Well in October the rates are cheaper but I don%26#39;t know about finding direct oceanfront for $90.00 per night.



Try:



-Grande Shores Oceanfront Resort www.grandeshores.com



-Monterey Bay Suites www.monterybaysuites.com



-Dayton House www.daytonhouse.com



Best oceanfront hotel for anniversary trip


I was able to get Dunes Village (rated #3 or #4 by tripadvisor) at about 110 per night (including taxes and resort fees) for weekend after labor day. I am sure you can do much better than that for October.





Mine was for a 2 night stay at Ocean front King Studio Deluxe (includes a kitchen).





BTW I found that checking the hotel websites directly for bookings gives you more choices for rooms and lower prices.




For our upcoming trip, after checking Priceline, hotwire, hotels.com, expedia.com, orbitz.com, cheaptickets.com, and travelocity.com, I got the best rate from AAA.com. If you have AAA it might be worth checking out..



I got an ';oceanview'; room with 2 queen beds for under $70 a night at the Long Bay resort...



Of course there is an oceanside pool and it is a family hotel, so it may not be the hotel you want.



The Palace has rooms from $56 and up for your dates, The Crown Reef from $85, Camelot by the Sea from $71.10 a night...The Patricia Grand from $49 a night.



Even if you don%26#39;t have AAA now, it might be worth getting for the deals....




Hampton Inn



AAA rate: 2 Double Beds Sideview Nonsmoking. From 98.10 a night :))




I%26#39;ve been online all night trying to compare different places. The Hampton Inn for a direct oceanfront room for our 4 nights is $506. I checked out Dunes Village and an oceanfront king there is running only $299 total for our 4 nights in Oct. so I%26#39;m seriously considering that one but it sounds so big I didn%26#39;t want to feel overwhelmed. Has anyone else stayed there? I know it won%26#39;t be too noisy in Oct. with alot of kids, etc. but a great direct view is very important to us. We stayed at the Holiday Inn (now Westgate) last year and our room has a breathtaking view with very little ';stuff'; between the hotel and beach but we want to try somewhere new this year. Actually, we%26#39;re looking to buy property there on this trip for our retirement in 7 years!!!



Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated!!!




http://www.vrbo.com/88812 .... excellent deal





http://www.vrbo.com/30795 .... maybe?




I usually get a better price by calling the hotels directly. That seems to work nearly everywhere we%26#39;ve traveled. Of course, I always do the research on-line so that I have an idea of price range before hand.




Is NMB too far north? Place I always suggest for two people on a get-a-way trip is Oceans in Cherry Grove.



northmyrtlebeachtravel.com/book/house.html鈥?/a>



One bedroom condos are huge. You said in one post you don%26#39;t want to be overwelmed by a large place. You won%26#39;t be here. The one pool is the only real frill they have. $73 a night and $440 a week. Would be more after taxes and other add ons.



Several people live there year round. Best thing about it is location. 2-3 block walk to groceries, restaurants, post office and couple small beach bars. Park your car and don%26#39;t touch it for days at a time.




I am at the Dunes Village right now, and I can tell you it is one of the nicest places I have stayed. If you are looking for a great view this is the place. The room is unbelievably clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. I will be writing a complete review when we return home, but for now I would say you would do well to stay here for the price you got.




I have booked a queen suite in the Savoy Building at Long Bay Resort for Oct 7th %26amp; 8th for $76.68 a night. The Savoy Building is right on the ocean - the main building has all the pools in front before you reach the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment